:: BLACK TULIP PLAY SOUND CLIP w.VOLUME CONTROL - MENU ::
:: Play one from any number of sound clips in the object ::
(Only available inworld)
By Auryn Beorn (2011)
TABLE OF CONTENTS
PURPOSE AND FEATURES
This box contains two copy/no modify/transfer scripts:
- [Black Tulip] Play Soundclip w.Volume Control - Menu (AU)
- [Black Tulip] Play Soundclip w.Volume Control - Menu (OO)
Both scripts perform the same action:
On touch, it shows a menu that allows you to select one from all the sound clips, or to change the volume the sounds are played with.
The difference between them is:
- AU: All Users - Everybody will be able to use the menu by clicking the object.
- OO: Owner Only - Only the owner of the object will be able to use the menu by clicking the object.
INSTALL AND USE YOUR PLAY SOUND CLIP SCRIPT
In order to have any of these scripts working in your object, you have to:
- Drop in the object all the sound clips that you want to be selected from a menu.
- Drop the one script you want to use, from the two scripts available in the box.
Use only ONE script from the four in the box!
The description in the previous section should help you decide which to use depending of your application.
VERY IMPORTANT: The sound clips contained in inventory should NOT have more than 24 characters in their name. If they do, the script will cut the name to show you the option, but then it won't be able to play it.
IMPORTANT: Don't forget to change permissions of these scripts AND your sound clips! Refer to the license of use for instructions to change the permissions of the script you use.
Q: The sound clip is there, but when I click the button, the script says "There's no such soundclip contained in the object." What is it working wrong?
Refer to the "VERY IMPORTANT" note from the "INSTALL AND USE YOUR PLAY SOUND CLIP SCRIPT" section. Most likely, the reason for this problem is that your sound clip contains MORE than 24 characters in the name. Simply, shorten the name to fit this, and the script will acknowledge the sound.