[Black Tulip] Information Point(c) 2012 Auryn Beorn
Information Point in Marketplace.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
PURPOSE AND FEATURES
The purpose of the [Black Tulip] Information Point tool is to allow you to:
- Offer to your customers a folder with one or more items providing information about your products (one per product)
- Show a link in chat to click and join your group
- Show a link in chat to your store blog, marketplace page or marketplace page for a specific product
- Register if your customer has selected to get the informative folder, the group link or the web links, and when
- IM you when a customer has chosen the informative folder, providing a link in chat so you can open their profile
- List who/when/what in chat (only you see this chat), according to the data recorded
- Send an e-mail at any moment to the e-mail address you choose with this who/when/what list
- Stores up to 100 "clicks", sending you an e-mail automatically and a message in chat when this limit is reached, cleaning then all the data to begin recording again
SETTING UP YOUR "INFORMATION POINT"
In order to correctly set your information point, you have to:
- Decide which primitive will hold all the information (notecards, pictures, etc), configuration notecard and script/s. If you use a single prim for this, you have to worry not. The above is important when your information point object consists of more than one primitive.
- Change the DESCRIPTION of the primitive you want being your clickable information point to Information Point. Check the provided [Black Tulip] Multi Door Tool INFO (Sample 1 Prim) sample object to compare if your information point is made of one prim, or [Black Tulip] Multi Door Tool INFO (Sample >1 Prim) if more than one.
- Drop the [Black Tulip] Information Point ~config~ notecard in the Content tab of this primitive and edit it, filling in all the required information for your item. The details are covered in next section, THE CONFIGURATION NOTECARD.
- Drop also the items you want to be delivered as information: notecard/s, landmark/s, picture/s, demo object/s...
Check the provided [Black Tulip] Multi Door Tool INFO (Sample 1 Prim) sample object to compare if your information point is made of one prim, or [Black Tulip] Multi Door Tool INFO (Sample >1 Prim) if more than one.
- If you have added an e-mail address in your notecard to receive the reports there, then add the [Black Tulip] Information Point e-mail submodule script.
- Finally, add the [Black Tulip] Information Point script.
When all this is completed successfully, you'll see messages like the following in chat (only you will see them):
[04:40] [Black Tulip] Staff Pager INFO: Reading notecard, please wait... [04:40] [Black Tulip] Staff Pager INFO: Information Point READY. 3 informations in folder to be delivered for item '[Black Tulip] Staff Pager' [04:40] [Black Tulip] Staff Pager INFO: Free memory: 34060 bytes.
The first message informs us of the script reading the configuration notecard. If it finds any error, it will notify you and will show text hover your information point primitive.
The second message informs us of how many items will be delivered if the user clicks the Item Info option.
Then finally, the third line shows the free memory for the script: once this happens, the script is READY to register all your users clicks.
THE CONFIGURATION NOTECARD
Do a copy of the [Black Tulip] Information Point ~config~ notecard to always keep a clean copy of this.
This notecard simply consists of several parameters that the [Black Tulip] Information Point script will use in order to give information to our customers, as well as parameters to set specifics for informing us when an user clicks an option.
Let's see all the parameters in one example:
# [Black Tulip] Information Point ~config~ # Lines beginning by # are ignored customMsg = This is a custom message.\nIt can contain carriage returns and even\n\t\ttabulators\n(Check the doc for this)\nIt's a good idea if you add a link to your profile:\n\tsecondlife:///app/agent/766f3817-2f2a-469d-acfa-9789080ecc85/about itemName = [Black Tulip] Multi-Door/Drawer/Curtain Tools groupUUID = d076391d-eb7c-74d7-699c-3e2ddaa0f7d4 hoverText = 0 hoverTextColor = <1.0, 0.5, 0.0> sendIM = 1 storeBlog = http://blacktulip-store.blogspot.com/ storeMP = https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/42594 storeMP_Item = https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Black-Tulip-Multi-DoorDrawerCurtain-Tools/2891315 merchantName = Auryn Beorn storeName = Black Tulip emailMerchant = email@example.com
Here we type the message to show to our customers after they've chosen to receive an informative folder. If we leave it empty, the default message will be as follows:
[04:41] [Black Tulip] Presenter INFO: Thank you for your interest in my products. For more information on them, don't hesitate contacting me (Auryn Beorn): secondlife:///app/agent/766f3817-2f2a-469d-acfa-9789080ecc85/about
Of course, instead of Auryn Beorn and my UUID, it will appear what you've written for merchantName and your own UUID
If we type \n as in the example notecard: A carriage return will be inserted instead
If we type \t as in the example notecard: A tabulator will be inserted instead
The name of our product. This will appear in the menu and other informative messages.
The UUID of our group. We can find this in the properties when opening the group window. When the user selects Group join", a message like the following shows:
[04:42] [Black Tulip] Multi Door Tool INFO: Click the following link to open the Group window and then click 'Join'. secondlife:///app/group/d076391d-eb7c-74d7-699c-3e2ddaa0f7d4/about Thanks! Auryn Beorn.
Of course, instead of Auryn Beorn, it shows what you've written for merchanName.
Do you want hover text displaying over your information point primitive? Set this to 1. You don't want hover text displaying over your information point once is set up? Then set this to 0.
If hoverText is set to 1, then this is the color for the hover text. This package includes the "[Black Tulip] Color HUD" tool for you easily writing a color correctly in this part. Click here for the documentation of the Color HUD tool.
Set this to 0 if you don't want to receive any IM when an user clicks an information point to receive an informative folder.
If you wish to receive an IM like the following if an user decides to receive information:
[04:41] [Black Tulip] Multi Door Tool INFO: [Information Point] '[Black Tulip] Multi Door Tool INFO' The avatar 'Auryn Beorn' has clicked for information about '[Black Tulip] Multi-Door/Drawer/Curtain Tools' on 2012-02-11, 12:41:51. UTC Click here for profile: secondlife:///app/agent/766f3817-2f2a-469d-acfa-9789080ecc85/about
then set this to 1. The link written in chat is clickable and will open the profile of our customer.
In here, we should write the link of our store website, if we have one.
In here, we should write the link of our marketplace store, if we have one.
In here, we should write the link of the marketplace page of the product, if we have this item in Marketplace.
If we fill the three of them, when our customer clicks "Webpage", the information they'll obtain will be as follows:
[04:43] [Black Tulip] Staff Pager INFO: You can check the following link to get this item in Marketplace (or to send it as a gift): https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Black-Tulip-Multiavatar-Staff-Pager/2075861 Please leave a review if you've liked it! Click the following link to open the store web. Follow it and leave your comments if you're so inclined: http://blacktulip-store.blogspot.com/ Don't forget checking the Marketplace listing for more products like this one! https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/42594 Thanks! Auryn Beorn.
Here we'll write our name as we wish it to appear in all the messages for the user.
Here we'll specify the name of our store.
If we want the clicks report to be sent to a specific e-mail address, we will write it here. ONLY if we type in something for this parameter, we should include the [Black Tulip] Information Point e-mail submodule script.
If you have any problem with this script, please give a complete description of your issue in the following online form.
I'll get back to you after I have read your report and replicated your issue inworld, according to your description of it. Please, be detailed.
-- Auryn Beorn