:: BLACK TULIP LOOP SOUND ::By Auryn Beorn (2012)
:: Play a looped sound on/off ::
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- PURPOSE AND FEATURES
- INSTALL AND USE YOUR LOOP SOUND SCRIPT
- THE MAIN SCRIPT, AS A MODULE YOU CAN USE FROM ANOTHER SCRIPT
*** IMPORTANT ***
For your fountain (or other build) being the less lag possible, please use the scripts and guidelines explained in the included free box [Black Tulip] How to create ZERO LAG animated water. In there you will learn to create ZERO LAG animated water, which is the perfect complement for this script.
PURPOSE AND FEATURES
Perfect for fountains and also fireplaces, this script allows you to give the following interactivity via menu:
- Let the user start/stop a loopsound for the object
- Change the volume of the sound
- Change who can access to the menu (everybody/owner only/group)
Optionally, this script can be integrated as a module called by other scripts, such as MLP, AVsitter... All these features are controlled by a single, low lag script.
This box contains two copy/transfer scripts:
[Black Tulip] Loop Sound w.Vol & Access Control - Menu [Black Tulip] Loop Sound w.Vol & Access Control - Menu [MODULE]
You choose one from these two, in oder to be integrated as a module called by other scripts, as explained in the THE MAIN SCRIPT, AS A MODULE YOU CAN USE FROM ANOTHER SCRIPT section of this documentation.
INSTALL AND USE YOUR LOOP SOUND SCRIPT
In order to have any of these scripts working in your object, you have to:
- Drop in the object the sound clip that you want to be played looped when the sound is ON.
- Drop the ONE script you want to use, from the four scripts available in the box.
Use only ONE script from the two in the box! The description in the previous section should help you decide which to use depending of your application.
IMPORTANT: Don't forget to change permissions of these scripts AND your sound samples! Refer to the license of use for instructions to change the permissions of the script you use.
- You may use this script no matter the object is a single prim, or several linked prims.
- If there it is no sound clip in the primitive, a built-in flowing water sound will be played then.
SETUP: THE MAIN SCRIPT, AS A MODULE YOU CAN USE FROM ANOTHER SCRIPTCheck the following section on this page, knowing that:
[Black Tulip] ***Script Name*** [MODULE] refers to [Black Tulip] Loop Sound w.Vol & Access Control - Menu [MODULE]
CODE_NUMBER is -18640983
NAME_ON_MENU is Loop Sound
AVSitter line looks like: BUTTON Loop Sound|-18640983
MLP line looks like: LINKMSG Loop Sound | 1,-4,-18640983,fromMLP
You have example AVpos and .MENUITEMS notecards with your purchase. Remember that this works too with AVSitter 2.
If you have any problem with this script, please give a complete description of your issue in the following online form.
I'll get back to you after I have read your report and replicated your issue inworld, according to your description of it. Please, be detailed.
-- Auryn Beorn